Facebook is the most commonly used social media platform. It is specifically designed to encourage folks to get to know each other. It is the perfect place to start spreading your brand. It is just chock full of folks looking for all sorts of things. Real estate is high among the things. People talk about it, where to buy it, when to sell and who to use to do both. In the same manner, as you spread your brand using business cards and your name tag, you can use Facebook to keep it in the forefront of all of your friends minds, that you are a real estate agent.
You do this by consistently posting to Facebook about all things real estate. Here are a few ideas:
- You can post your listings. This seems like a no-brainer but it really takes a lot of thought. Just posting a link to the MLS for your new listing ain't gonna cut it, as they say. What you want is a post where you express your professional opinion about the new listing you just got. The great, the mediocre and the even the yucky bits. Becuase that's what your customers want, your Honest professional opinion. They don't want you to sell them just anything, they want you to sell them a home. So, they have to trust you. So lay it out there.
- Post another agent listings. So, you find you're a listing or two short of a full post, that's ok, you can get some from another agent. Maybe work a team sort of thing or maybe a bird dog kind of deal...
- Post your Brokerages listings. Your Brokerage probably has some listings that you can offer up on your personal Facebook page. You can also post them to a Facebook Business page that you created for yourself. Brokers generally don't mind and you will make some money if you bring the buyer. Again, don't just share the MLS link, tell folks about the listing, in your own words.
- Post about common real estate issues that you encounter daily. Folks like to learn. They also generally like to do it on their own terms., So learning what a "distressed property is might not be high on their list but if they run across your Facebook post explaining it in detail, they might just read it and be appreciative that somebody pout that out there and of course, remember who that was.
- Post about those restaurants you've been visiting. Keep it positive, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Set that positive tone and keep it going. Tag the restaurants and thank them for a great meal, great service, great view, whatever was great about their place, offer it up and tell them about it.
- Post about common real estate terms - Have a "Factual Friday" post that explains a real estate term in great detail. "Mineral rights withheld"," Water grandfathered", etc...
- Post about other business' in the area. Where they are. What they do. How long they have been doing it and tag them in it. This helps spread your name and your brand, Keep the posts positive and the other business owners will remember you and like your post. Maybe a business owner wants to sell and your post comes in at just the right time.
- Area events are also a great way to spread the word about yourself and your involvement and knowledge of the community. Post about local events, flea markets, community theatre, fire dept boot drives, think of it as research for places you want to visit to drop off some business cards and socialize.
The index to this series "50 Ways to Riches in Real Estate" is located here - http://brokeridxsites.com/pages/122-50+Ways+to+Riches+in+Real+Estate
Click here for your FREE 30-Day Trial of our Real Estate CRM, Transaction & Lead Management System - Cloud-Based - Secure - Great Pricing for your entire real estate Brokerage!